Terms & Conditions
Full Terms & Terms & Conditions updated 23/12/18.
Your Booking with us, and your stay at Loves Lane Cottages, is subject to our terms and conditions contained herein. Terms and conditions are also available during check-in. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions we will not be able to provide the goods and services you require.
Payment - Payment for your stay must be paid at the time of booking. We accept Visa, MasterCard, UnionPay. For direct online banking or other forms of payment, please contact us direct.
Security Bond & ID- When you check-in we require a $200 security bond per cottage, ($500 on single whole property bookings) on a valid credit card, to cover additional purchases or damage to the property during your stay. Please note that the security bond is a "hold Only" sometimes called a "Pre-Authority". It places a hold on your card only and is not physically taken. The amount is released (less any deductions) by your bank after a few working days. Please ensure that you have your credit card and suitable photo identification with you at check in (driver’s license or passport is acceptable).
Security for bookings made by a Third Party - For accommodation booked by a third party (booked on behalf of a guest(s) staying at Loves Lane Cottages) we require a valid credit card as security from the guest at check in.
Additional Guests: Because our accommodation license allows up to a certain number of guests in each cottage, you must declare the correct number of guests when booking or if the guests numbers change after the reservation is made, we require notification prior to arrival. If you do not declare additional guests prior to check-in, we may not be able to accommodate you and we reserve the right to cancel the booking without advance notice and without providing a refund. An Additional fee of $30 per person per night for additional guests including children (but not including infant children under 12 months). Please contact us if you have difficulty in adding children as guests.
Additional fees for use of extra beds and bedding. If a guest uses more that than the allocated room/s and or the bedding from another room, we reserve the right to make a once off charge of $30 to cover cleaning and laundry costs.
Pets. Unfortunately we cannot accept pets at Loves Lane Cottages
Arrival and Departure Times: You are welcome from 3.00pm and we ask that you vacate your cottage by 11:00am to enable us to prepare the cottage for our next guests. Early check-in or late check out is available but please inquire with us first.
Cancellations -We understand that there are circumstances that will result in a cancellation of your booking. If a circumstance arises where you cannot keep your booking it is important to contact us so that you might avoid being charged deposits or other fees and charges. In many cases your booking dates can be re-allocated.
- Cancellations notified prior to 14 days from the booking date receive a full refund less a 10% Admin / Credit Card fee
- Unless otherwise agreed, cancellations notified within 14 days of the booking date will result in a nil refund - Please note you will receive a full refund less 10% admin / card fees if the booking date is re-let.
- Unless otherwise agreed, a "No-Show" will result in a nil refund
- A date change is allowed of up to 2 months from the original booking dates but subject to any additional charges or conditions relevant to the new dates.
- Loves Lane Cottages reserves the right to cancel reservations with declined credit cards.
Liability - Damage: We reserve the right to charge guests for the cost of rectifying damage which has been caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless acts of guests to our property.
Liability - Additional Cleaning: We do not normally charge a cleaning fee however we may impose an excess cleaning fee where your cottage is left in a filthy state and without any reasonable effort to vacate the premises to an acceptable standard. An acceptable standard is floors generally swept, food scraps and refuse placed into bins provided, surfaces cleaned of foreign substances, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans cleaned. There is no need to strip bedding.
HOUSE RULES are a condition of your stay. These are:
- NO SMOKING INSIDE – ASHTRAYS ARE PROVIDED ON THE BALCONY OR UPON REQUEST. A dry cleaning fee of up to $400 can be charged if necessary.
- USING BINS PROVIDED – SEPARATE BINS ARE PROVIDED FOR GENERAL WASTE AND RECYCLING. Larger bins are placed near reception.
- PLEASE LEAVE SHOES AT THE DOOR.
- SAND – If you visit the beaches please do not bring sand into the cottages as it clogs and damages the drainage systems.
- SWIMMING POOL - Hours 9am to 8pm weather depending. Please do not remove or replace the pool cover. All children are to be supervised. Because we use rain water from storage tanks to fill the pool we do not allow splashing water from the pool and for safety reasons there should be no diving, jumping and no running on or from the hard surfaces surrounding the pool.
- AT CHECKOUT - Please ensure your cottage is swept, utensils and cutlery cleaned and put away, used towels in the bathtub There is no need to make or strip the bedding.
- DAMAGES - Please advise us of any damages so we can determine the cause and agree on any charges if any.
- BATHROOM TOWELSare not to be used to sunbake or for beach use. Towels for the pool are provided.
- COOKING ODOURS - Any loss of income as a result of cooking odours is recoverable from the guest responsible for the cottage, including the refusal by Incoming guests to take up a confirmed booking due to cooking odours.
- DRIVEWAY SPEEDS within Loves Lane Cottage’s facility have a 10kph speed restriction. Guests and visitors using pushbikes, skateboards and scooters are required to wear the safety equipment required by law when using these thoroughfares.
- NO ENTERTAINING - This facility has a “NO ENTERTAINING” policy. Loves Lane Cottages is known and or advertised as an adult country retreat. There are to be no more people in the guest rooms at any time other than the specific number of guests in your reservation. We do not accept bookings for "Hens Nights" or "Bucks Nights" or any other groups likely to cause a disruption for our other guests or our neighbours.
- VISITORS & VISITOR PARKING - To ensure we maintain a quiet and relaxed country atmosphere please note that ONLY paying guests are permitted at the cottages, the grounds or to use our facilities. Visitors MUST report to the front reception area before being admitted. There is limited parking on the property, so please check with reception first. There is room for vehicles along H Whaller Road or on Meeniyan Mirboo North Road near the entrance to Loves Lane Cottages.
The registered guest has the responsibility of ensuring that people staying with them behave in an appropriate manner, and conforms with our terms and conditions. The registered guest will be held responsible for the conduct of persons staying with them, and be financially liable for any costs arising out of bad behaviour.
We reserve the right to terminate without notice the occupancy of a guest, who behaves inappropriately. This condition also applies to guests who are in breach of these terms and conditions. Inappropriate behaviour includes but is not limited to breaches of these terms and conditions, drunken, bullying, or loutish behaviour, the use of indecent language, intimidation of staff or other guests, malicious damage, theft, or any other form of behaviour deemed by management to be a danger to the offending guest, other guests, employees, contractors and the like.
WATER: We use rain water tanks for all your water needs. Please use sparingly, particularly in the warmer months when water is more scarce.
FIREWOOD HEATERS: The Orchard & Sunset Cottages are fitted with wood heaters. Wood other than kindling and fire-starters can usually be purchased from Bunnings or most hardware stores either side and during the winter months and is also available for purchase from Loves Lane Cottages on a cost only basis. If you bring your own wood, please ensure it is not green or damp or that it doesn't contain insects or spiders.
GAS LOG FIRES: The Valley North & South Cottages are fitted with Gas Log fireplaces and use LPG Gas similar to that of a Gas BBQ. The fireplaces are fitted with Gas Sub-Meters and the gas charged out on a cost only basis, usually only a few dollars per day . A reading of the sub-meter will be taken prior to and following check-out.
AIR-CONDITIONING: All cottages are air-conditioned (reverse cycle for heating or cooling) for your comfort and convenience - there are no additional charges for air-conditioning however you are required to switch off the aircon if leaving the cottage for any extended period such as day trips or drives, eating out, grocery shopping and so on. We reserve the right to enter your cottage to switch off the aircon.